Thursday, May 17, 2012

Green

Malas pun malas juga. But I believe we must try to preserve the Mother Nature. If not for us, for the future of our children.

Talking about Going Green [bukan turn green like the Incredible Hulk], I have started Abbas on Cloth Diapers. I honestly couldn't care much then, but when you have two kids, you know you'll be piling up disposable nappies. At least that was what i thought. So I Google about this Cloth Diaper thing and i found this. Truly, it has helped me in making the decision to at least start (if not switch) my son on Cloth Diapers.

So yeah. the webpage. I tell you, it's super duper helpful. You'll go from zero to hero after reading through whats written it it. Practically, it helps/guides parents on how to start using cloth diapers. I have seen some CDs before this and looked up for that particular brand on the net. But man, i got lost with the terms. It's rather funny u see, the terms AIO, AI2, pocket diapers, etc etc. and ended up not wanting to buy.

My first 3 CDs for Abbas were from Lunatots. Its an All-in-2 CD. Not cheap i tell you. But it was a-okay for a start. Honestly, i love the colours, the cutting but somehow rather, i just don't like using it. It's not easy to explain. Since i only have 3, i thought i wanted to try other brands. So, i bought 3 from bumgenuis. it's a pocket CD. It's way expensive than the Lunatots. But i honestly, i like this one better. BG doesn't have prints like other brands. It doesn't matter that much to me though. What's important is the performance of the product. ahaha. cam ape je kan. But seriously. I feel it's easier to use and i just love 'em.

Again, i have to stress here, they are not cheap. like really. So, yeah. I could only put Abbas on CD during weekends. Coz we only have 6 CDs. sorry. The poop u ask? It's not that difficult. the smell? aaah, come on. Don't tell me you can't stand the smell of your kid's poo. Disposable or not, u'll still have to go through that episode of 'tahan nafas' n 'cuci berak anak'. hahahhaha.. So, yes that is not an issue here By the way, i got a friend who happens to also started cloth diapering on her son. And she recommended me, this webpage. She operates through Facebook. And then, things just fall into place.


I was introduced to alot other brands but i am still sticking to BG (1st preference) and now trying out Charlie Banana. The best thing is, she offers really good prices. most of the time, they are all affordable. Now i am a happy mom. hahahaha. Abbas is still on disposable. But with the CD, he definitely use less disposable nappies and i am so looking forward to start him on CD completely. My CD stash is definitely increasing. Just bought 6, and another 4. Next is to convince the nursery to put Abbas on CD.


Preserving the mother nature is our responsibility. Although i am only taking baby steps, but this is for the better future of my children and the next generation.

I'll let you feast your eyes on my CD Stash.. ngehngehngeh..

 
 Abbas's BumGenius collections

Charlie Banana. Love the material.


No comments: